First public speech on my latest research

In June, I began the first public discussions of my research on international law as well as my new theory of sovereignty at the Taiwan Foundation for Democracy. Although it would be inappropriate to discuss my work on this blog, it is always good to have 'live' feedback on my work.

I have been truly blessed in that my research has always been innovative, fresh and provocative. Again, growing up in inner-city Detroit has proved useful in that it has taught me to only hold on to conventional thinking to build solid credentials. Once you've built it, be free to trust your instincts and training to develop yourself in not only what you are...but what you can become.

Yes, I am very good at what I do and the scary part is that I'm becoming even better. But the more I learn and grow intellectually and professionally, I’ve learned that it pales in comparison to the importance of spiritual development.

Leaders lack insight and wisdom not due to a lack of knowledge but because they have not developed their spiritual selves. Wouldn’t it be great if we ‘experts’ would remind ourselves from time-to-time that the world does not begin and end with us and that our decisions do affect people? Who then, is to judge us?

No comments:

Post a Comment